Canada Study Permits: Student Visas to Canada in 2021
Read the information we have provided below to learn the basic requirements for Canadian Study Permits. Then, fill out our immigration assessment form and we will get back to you to discuss your eligibility and options.
READ MORE ABOUT:
Update on Canadian Study Permits and Coronavirus:
- Canada is still accepting study permit applications, however, delays should be expected.
- If you’re an international student who has a valid study permit or were approved for a study permit on or before March 18, 2020, you are exempt from the travel restrictions.
- International students who remain in Canada can apply to renew their study permit, and can continue to study and work while their application renewal is being processed.
- If a study permit was issued to an international student after March 18, 2020, they are currently not allowed to travel to Canada.
- If you’re traveling by air, you need to follow all airline requirements and pass a health check conducted by airlines before you’re allowed to board your flight. Anyone who shows symptoms of COVID-19 will not be allowed to enter Canada by air.
- When you arrive in Canada, they will assess your health before you leave the port of entry. You must have a plan to quarantine for 14 days when you arrive in Canada. This is mandatory, even if you have no symptoms. If you don’t have a plan, you should not travel to Canada.
- Only people who provide essential services, for example, truck drivers who regularly cross the border to maintain the flow of goods, are exempt from the quarantine requirements.
For more updates on the Coronavirus, visit our page on the impact the Coronavirus has had on Canadian immigration.
What is a Canadian Study Permit?
Every year, over 130,000 students come to Canada to study. In order to do so, they must obtain a study permit issued by the Canadian government. This permit, which is a type of Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) allows students to study in Canada for a temporary period of time, and typically indicates the educational institution they are attending and course of study. To qualify, an applicant must fit a certain set of requirements.
Canada Study Permit
Canadian Study Permit Requirements
In order to qualify for a study permit, you must:
- Satisfy an officer that you will leave Canada at the end of your studies
- Have a letter of acceptance from an educational institution
- Prove that you have money for the duration of your stay in Canada to pay for tuition fees, and living expenses for yourself and accompanying family members.
- Be law-abiding and have no record of criminal activity
- Not be a risk to the security of Canada
- Be in good health (complete a medical examination, if required)
Note: You may need to produce any additional documents requested by the officer to establish your admissibility.
How Long Can I Stay in Canada?
1. If you’re taking prerequisite courses
If your school asks you to take courses before they accept you into the main program, your study permit will be valid for the length of those courses, plus 1 year. When you get accepted into the main program, you must then apply to extend your stay as a student.
2. If you’ll finish your studies after your study permit expires
If you don’t finish your courses before the date on your permit, you must apply to extend your stay as a student. If you don’t, you’ll need to stop studying and leave Canada.
3. If you finish your studies before your study permit expires
If you finish your studies early, your permit will stop being valid 90 days after you complete your studies, no matter what day is printed on the study permit.
You’ve completed your studies on the date your school first notifies you by completion letter, transcript, degree, or diploma.
Why Hire Us to Help You With Your Canada Student Visa Forms
Studying in Canada is an amazing experience for any student. Canada has one of the highest standards of education in the world. If you want to ensure your best chances at getting an approval on your student visa application, then we recommend you consult with us before submitting. We have helped thousands and thousands of students successfully enter Canada on a study permit, and we can help you too!
We Can Help Your Canada Study Permit Application!
The first step towards your studying in Canada is getting an assessment of your case. Fill out our immigration assessment form and we will get back to you within 24 hours to discuss your eligibility and options.Call us today at +1.647.360.5966 for an assessment to see if you are eligible to move to Canada, or fill out our online assessment form.