What are the Requirements for Italy Visa?
Foreign nationals have to provide several documents when they submit their Italy visa application. A lot of the required documents depend on the purpose of travel. For example, if you apply for a business visa you may need a few different documents than if you were applying for a tourist visa.
The requirements may also vary from country to country, and Italian authorities reserve the right to ask for any additional documents as they see fit. However, there are still a standard set of documents everyone has to have.
The requirements for an Italy visa are as follows:
- Italian visa application form.
- Valid passport/travel document.
- Civil status documents.
- Copies of previous visas.
- Travel insurance.
- Proof of travel.
- Proof of accommodation.
- Proof of sufficient financial means.
- Cover letter.
- Documents based on employment status.
- Visa fees.
- Any additional documents for minors.
- Any additional documents based on the purpose of entry.
The Italian visa fees for long stays are:
|Salaried employment||€ 116.00|
|Self employment||Freelancer||€ 116.00|
|Corporate worker||€ 116.00|
|Sports activity||€ 116.00|
|Family Reunification||€ 116.00|
|Medical care||€ 116.00|
|Religious reasons||€ 116.00|
|Single university course||€ 50.00|
|Exchange and mobility program||€ 50.00|
|Vocational training||€ 50.00|
|Working Holiday Visa||€ 116.00|
Italy Visa Application
When you apply for an Italy visa, you must go through these application steps:
- Determine the type of Italy visa you need.
- Submit the application on time.
- Determine where to submit the application.
- Book an appointment.
- Fill in an Italy Visa Application Form.
- Gather the required documents.
- Submit the Italy visa application and enter the Italy visa interview.
- Pay the Italy visa fee.
- Wait for processing.
Determine the type of Italy visa you need
Before you apply for an Italy visa, you should first determine what type of visa you need. The type of visa you have to apply for depends on your purpose of travel. As such, you may have to apply for an Italy visitor visa, business visa, or tourist visa accordingly.
Knowing the type of visa you need is also important because different types of visas may have additional/different requirements
You can apply for:
- An Italy Schengen visa to visit friends and family or for tourism.
- An Italy Business Visa if you need to go to Italy for business-related purposes such as: to attend a meeting, presentation, or conference, meet with clients, conduct business, visit a partner company etc.
- An Italy Visa for a sports/cultural/religious event if you want to travel to Italy to attend an event of the aforementioned kind.
- The Italy Medical Visa if you need to travel to Italy to get medical treatment in an Italian medical institution.